• Must be an ISER member under the Young Investigator* membership category.
• Must submit an abstract to the 2018 ISER meeting in Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK.
• Abstract must be accepted for a poster presentation at the biennial meeting.
• May not be a previous recipient of an ISER YI Outstanding Poster Competition Award.
* Young Investigators shall be predoctoral or postdoctoral (PhD/MD/OD/DMV/DO) equivalent students, clinical residents, or clinical fellows engaged in vision/eye research for no longer than 7 years since their terminal degree.
• All Young Investigators (YIs) are automatically entered in the YI Outstanding Poster Competition after submitting an abstract to the ISER Biennial Meeting.
Should you not wish to be entered in the YI Outstanding Poster Competition, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Only posters from YIs who did not receive a Travel Fellowship grant are eligible.
• Awards will be based on the scientific merit of submitted abstracts and oral presentation during the poster sessions. Winners will be announced before one of the ISER International Prize award lectures.
• Three award recipients will be selected, one 1st place, one 2nd place and one 3rd place.
• Award recipients will receive monetary prizes along with a certificate of excellence.
• Winners will be invited to present their work in a three-minute/one slide oral presentation before one of the ISER International Prize award lectures.